COVID-19 Situational Report
The Information in this report is from: 09/01/2020 – 09/15/2020
COVID-19 Situational Report
The Information in this report is from: 08/18/2020 – 08/31/2020
|As of 08/31/20, 2 PM|
Ohio Cases: 123,157 Total; 116,666 Confirmed; 6,491 Probable; Ohio Confirmed Deaths: 3,854
Logan County Cases: 161 Confirmed plus 79 Probable = 240 Total Cases. Of those 240 cases, 193 have recovered. | Deaths: 2 | Active Cases: 45 | Current Hospitalization: 6 |
ACTIONS COMPLETED SINCE LAST SITUATIONAL REPORT:
- Scheduled 6 immunization clinics for September to catch up children needing vaccines.
- Environmental Health staff continued to answer questions from community planners to make events as safe as possible.
- Submitted grant and FEMA applications for COVID-19 funding.
- We are providing information and taking complaints at the numbers below, and created a new COVID-19 email for better communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a COVID-19 business or mask complaint, call (937) 592-9040, enter 3.
- For nursing COVID-19 calls, call (937) 592-9040, enter 1.
- In addition to our COVID-19 efforts and response, we continue to provide programs and services, including Vital Statistics, WIC, food inspections, immunizations (limited and by appointment only), TB Testing (by appointment only), Narcan distribution, newborn visits (via phone) and CMH program.
- Unified Command (EMA, MRH & LCHD) continues to meet on a bi-weekly basis.
- Continue to meet virtually with school administrators and school nurses to provide guidance and assist in reopening plans.
- Weekly Situation Report held virtually with all LCHD staff
- Planning a pop-up testing date with the Ohio National Guard for September. More information to come.
- 19 Social Media Posts with total reach of 29,236
- Situational Report sent to Chamber, Media, Staff, BOH, HCC, HAN
- Call Center: # of calls – over 159 (2 weeks)
- Interviews with Dayton 24/7, WHIO and WPKO.
- Current travel hot spots: Idaho, Texas, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
- State operated Pop-Up Testing Sites: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/testing-ch-centers/
- Public Health Advisory with specifics of each county (as seen below) can be viewed at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/public-health-advisory-system/
July 9th 2020
To all Logan County Citizens;
Active cases are increasing in Logan County. The Health Commissioner is very concerned about what he is seeing in the increase of the number of active cases. The health of all of our citizens rests on our ability as a community to use the things we have to fight this virus. These activities are known to work if we all do our best to follow them – Masks on everyone; Physical Distance; restricting travel; Isolation; Quarantine; Handwashing; and not gathering in large groups. See the attached Know Your Risk table keep yourself and your family safe.
The new Ohio Public Health Advisory Alert Levels change weekly as cases increase or decrease. Right now, Logan County is at Yellow Level 1 in Logan County. With the active case increase we are beginning to move into Level 2. Please do all you can to stop the spread. As the levels increase so will the restrictions to prevent further spread. The new Ohio Advisory levels will be very important to follow during these challenging times. Be AWARE of the Alert levels at www.loganhealth.org or https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/public-health-advisory-system/
Testing in Logan County is still limited to those who have symptoms. We will be posting the most recent resources for testing on our website. All asymptomatic testing is out of county at this time.
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS STAY HOME AND AWAY FROM OTHERS (Isolate) FOR 10 DAYS & UNTIL YOUR SYMPTOMS HAVE BEEN IMPROVING FOR 3 DAYS AND NO FEVER FOR 3 DAYS. IF YOU BECOME INCREASING ILL, CONTACT YOUR HEALTH PROVIDER OR URGENT CARE AND ALWAYS CALL AHEAD!
Previ2020ous Health Alerts:
- 2020-09-15 – Situational Report
- 2020-09-01 – Situational Report
- 2020-08-17 – Situational Report
- 2020-08-03 – Situational Report
- 2020-07-22 – Situational Report
- 2020-07-09 – Public Health Alert
- 2020-07-08 – Situational Report
- 2020-06-29 – Situational Report
- 2020-06-15 – Situational Report
- 2020-06-11 – Doc’s Saturday Speculation
- 2020-06-09 – Situational Report
- 2020-06-05 – Doc’s Friday Facts
- 2020-06-01 – Situational Report
- 2020-05-26 – Situational Report
- 2020-05-17 – Situational Report
- 2020-05-14 – Rotary Donation of PPE
- 2020-05-13 – Public Health Update
- 2020-05-05 – Public Health Update
- 2020-04-23 – Public Health Update
- 2020-04-15 – LTCS COVID-19 Case Reporting
- 2020-04-06 – Public Health Update
- 2020-03-27 – Essential Businesses
- 2020-03-26 – To All Ball Park Operators
- 2020-03-25 – PPE Request
- 2020-03-24 – The Logan County Health District is reporting the second laboratory confirmed COVID-19 case in the county
- 2020-03-24 – Stay at Home Order Followup for Business
- 2020-03-23 – Airplane Travel Media Release
- 2020-03-22 – First Confirmed COVID-19 Case in Logan County