Community Health Assessments
The Logan County Health District is pleased to provide the final findings of the Logan County Community Needs Assessment for 2018.
- Logan County Community Needs Assessment for 2018 – Full Report
- Logan County Community Needs Assessment for 2018 – Summary
The Top Community Priorities are:
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Healthy Living
- Safe and Healthy Children
- Housing and Homelessness
- Resources and Awareness
- Logan County Community Needs Assessment for 2015 – Full Report
- Logan County Community Needs Assessment for 2015 – Summary
Community Health Improvement Plans
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is a systematic effort to address issues identified by [an] assessment and community health improvement process. Logan County’s Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is based on data gathered from Logan County communities through the community health assessment and extensive input from over 90 community leaders and residents. The Community Health Assessment (CHA) created a picture of the needs of Logan County, identified community and data strengths and challenges, and provided information for next steps to improve the quality of life and health in Logan County.
- 2019 Logan County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- 2015 Logan County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
Staff Reports and Presentations
- Public Health in Logan County
- Tim Smith’s article Viral Gastroenteritis: Awareness and Symptoms was published in the Ohio Journal of Environmental Health.
- Dr Boyd Hoddinott’s presentation on Vitamin D in Health and Disease.
- Dr. Boyd Hoddinott’s The Immunization Story
- Dr. Boyd Hoddinott’s 2013 Concussion Program Presentation.
- Dr. Boyd Hoddinott completed a Masters in Public Health with his culminating project entitled Horizontal Subsurface Flow Constructed Wetlands for On-site Wastewater Treatment. His research was published by Wright State University, School of Public Health.
- Conducting an Indoor Air Quality Investigation Using Phase Assessment by Darin Cozatt, RS, MS was published in the May/June, 2008 Ohio Journal of Environmental Health.