Current Employment Opportunities:
Under direction of the Board of Health, the Health Commissioner is responsible for overall management and operations of the Logan County Health District.
• Performs financial and management analysis for all programs in all divisions.
• Plans for and directs all aspects of the Logan County Health District operations to ensure enforcement of laws and regulations under the jurisdiction of the Board of Health.
• Directs personnel employed by the Logan County Health District, either directly or indirectly, to guarantee proper staffing, delegation of responsibility, and quality performance.
• Serves as a liaison between the Logan County Health District and community agencies, the public, and government officials, attending meetings/conferences, and serving on boards or committees ensuring effective operation of the Logan County Health District.
• Per Ohio Revised Code Section 3709.11, must possess and maintain unrestricted licensure in the State of Ohio as a physician, dentist, veterinarian, podiatrist, or chiropractor, or possess a master’s degree in public health or other equivalent health-related field. Preference given for MPH candidate.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in public health, 2 years’ experience supervisory duties, including fiscal management experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Complete background check.
• Preference given to candidate residing within Logan County or contiguous county, or willingness to relocate within 6 months of hire date.
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references to: Deputy Health Commissioner, 310 S. Main Street, Bellefontaine, OH 43311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 1, 2021 or until filled.
EOE employer, Drug Free Workplace
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
The Logan County Health District welcomes volunteers to assist with our mission for a safe and healthy Logan County. We have openings for data entry, scanning, assembling packets of information for new moms, making calls to update contact lists, creating newsletters or reports, participate in emergency exercises, helping customers with communicating, i.e. sign language, are a few of many opportunities.
If you have interest, please call (937) 651-6186 or complete the volunteer application.