Anyone who resides in Logan County is eligible to receive a Welcome Home Baby Visit.
We Will Discuss During Our Visit:
- Your health and your baby’s health
- Breast or bottle-feeding your baby
- Safety issues for babies
- How to tell if your infant is ill and when to call the doctor
- Infant sleep/wake patterns and expected changes
- The way babies communicate with their caregivers
- Ways to understand infant cries, how to comfort the crying baby, normal changes in infant crying
- Help from family and friends
- Community resources you may be interested in for you or your baby
- Postpartum depression
- Questions and concerns that you may have
Our newborn staff consists of registered nurses with newborn and postpartum knowledge. As Welcome Home Baby visiting nurses we are here to: welcome you home, provide an assessment of mother and child, answer questions, link families to services and resources within our community, and provide information to keep your new baby healthy, safe and happy.
Call the Health District at 937-651-6186 to request more information.